Friday, December 12, 2008

Heaton Family Christmas Party

Every Year my Mom's side of the family gets together for a Christmas party at our house. The traditions include a potato bar where my mom does all the baked potatoes and everyone else brings a topping for them and a desert to share. We share stories and sing songs and the kids act out the Nativity story! Here are Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus

This is the angels appearing to the shepherds telling them of the birth of our Savior

Here the shepherds are coming to worship the new born King

The wise men giving their gifts to Jesus

And here is the cast taking their bow at the end, check out Rory's face, she is obviously pretty proud of her performance!

I think this tradition is my favorite part and even more so this year since Rory was able to participate as one of the angels! I love family traditions and I love coming from such a big family and I love that we have so many cousins living so close to us!

2 comments:

AudyCamp said...

I agree Rachel..for some reason this year I am VERY much in the mood for Christmas..like singing Christmas songs every minute of each day. I think our world craves the peace of the season!

Shelli said...

The nativity is always my fav too. We also have great taste in backgrounds!