Another Thanksgiving has come to a close and I'm thankful to say it was a nice one again this year! Wednesday afternoon we were talking about what we were supposed to bring to my parents house for dinner. Mike volunteered us to bring the stuffing and some pies, the stuffing is his Grandma Palmer's recipe and is his favorite part of Thanksgiving so now that I'm married to him if we are not eating with his family I have to provide this staple. It is really good and I'm happy to make it but I do have to say it has to be made from scratch, so not only did I have to make the stuffing I had to make the bread to dry to make the stuffing!
Anyway back to the food conversation, Mike asked if I was going to make the stuffing early so we could put some in the Turkey and I told him my parents were doing ham instead and he said you can't have Thanksgiving without a Turkey so I decided I would to it! This would be the first time doing it but I thought I would give it a try! I went to the store and bought one brought it home and started defrosting it, which is not quick process. I could choose 5 days in the fridge or 8 hours in the sink, this was 4pm on Wed. so I had to go with the sink method but even then it took till Midnight!
In between turning the turkey and refilling the sink I made 4 pies and dinner! We finally got it defrosted and went to bed. I then had to get up at 6am so I could get it prepared to go in the oven by 7 at the latest since we were supposed to be at my parents by 11:30. I made a rub and seasoned it up and got it in the oven. by then the girls were up so we ate breakfast then went up to get in the tub to get ready for the day!
After everybody was all cleaned up I started the process of the stuffing and no even after all this I still didn't put any in the turkey! Mike actually helped a lot with making the stuffing and magically the turkey turned out perfectly and the stuffing was done and we got to my moms by 11:45! Not to bad to all I was trying to do that morning!
Anyway we had a nice time with my family and enjoyed the rain and cool clean weather then went home for a couple hours to take naps then that evening we went to Mike's parents house for dessert and to spend time with his family. Rory went with her Aunt Cindy to watch a movie at her house and we went home put Paige to bed and watched a movie while waiting for Rory to get home, which wasn't till 10pm!! Then we were in bed by 11:30.
It was a long eventful enjoyable day! I have so many things to be thankful for and you all are included in that! Thanks for being such wonderful people and putting up with me! I hope all of you had a great day as well and that you can continue to have blessings poured out upon you!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Way to go! I still have never made a turkey and don't plan on ever doing it! Mike sure is lucky to have such a nice sweetie. :) Glad your Thanksgiving turned out so nice even if a little busy.
I bet your stuffing was amazing, especially homemade and with homemade bread to boot!
That lemon tree was at the home of the people I photographed. Gorgeous colors! Felt like fall, if only...
You do make yummy food! Someday I hope to be like you and actually cook things "homemade" :)
You rock! I love the hohoho, Christmas motif.
Post a Comment