Thursday, October 21, 2010

Caleb Michael Hanchett is 1 year old!

I haven't done a real post in such a long time and since this is such a big milestone I thought I would do a quick recap of the last 6 months, which was the last time I gave a Caleb update. So since then at 7 months Caleb learned to sit up all on his own!

    At 8 months Caleb took his first plane ride and we visited my sister that moved to Seattle 5 days after he was born!

At 9 months we were still in Seattle having a wonderful time! When we did get home and went in for his check up though his stats were... 20 lbs 14 oz ... 29.5 inches ... 19 inches for his head!

At 10 months he was still content to be stationary and didn't seem to have any plans to do otherwise! Toward the end of that month he did start moving around a little more but never in a consistent fashion, he would roll, army crawl, flip over on his back and inch worm on his head etc. but could go up the stairs so out came the baby gate! And then he started pulling himself up on the furniture and walking back and fourth on that a little but still no conventional crawling, silly boy!

At 11 months he decided he could walk around the whole house holding on the couch, table, wall etc. and then started doing the army crawl on a regular basis.


It wasn't until about a week or so ago that he actually got up on his knees and crawls conventionally. He also stands unsupported for a few seconds at a time now and has actually taken a couple steps between things unknowingly. So we think he maybe walking before we know it!

And then of course 12 months...I can't believe it has been a year already! Where has the time gone. I am so thankful to have this sweet little boy in my home and in my heart, I just can't get enough of his smiles and giggles and he gives the best hugs I have ever had, hands down, seriously! I love you Caleb!

7 comments:

Stephen and Erin said...

That picture of him in the swing is priceless! I love peeking at him during sacrament meeting, he's so cute!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Little boys are awesome!! :) Tons of fun!! My Turkey gives the best huge too. I just want him to stay little forever.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

ooops....meant best hugs!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! Doesn't a year go ridiculously too fast?

AudyCamp said...

LIttle boys really are the best huggers! Wow a whole year gone by...these kids just keep growing up faster & faster. Happy 1 year!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! What a fun year that little man has had. And why crawl when you are surrounded by so many cute girls to do your bidding?! Sounds like Caleb is smart like his daddy. ;) Rachel, he is adorable!

Heather Weir said...

He's adorable Rachel! Man I wish I could be there to watch all this happening. You need to be a better blogger! I was getting my christmas Calendar ready the other day and I had to call mom to get Calebs birthday and it was just yesterday, I should have called right then to wish him a Happy Birthday! Well I hope he had some good parties and cake! We miss you guys!