Every summer we go up to the Ranch for family reunions with my mom's side of the family. This has always been the highlight of the summer and my favorite place to go but besides the beautiful scenery and the good company we also have an age old tradition of throwing people in to the pond. I don't know how it got started or even how long it has been going on but it is one of those things you "look forward to" every year. I say "look forward to" because it is kind of an as much as you can type of thing since the water is really cold and there is a lot of slimy mud and seaweed in the water too!

This year was Rory's first year being thrown in and she was so excited, that she actually got thrown in twice!

Mike is now on the team of throwers but that wasn't without him having to baptized into the family first 5 years ago and he even had the honor of throwing both of my parents in this year. This pic is of my mom.

This next one is of my dad. I can't remember the last time he was thrown in. Way to go Dad!

As well as me 4 or 5 times. My youngest sister Joanna is usually the go to girl that get thrown in over and over when ever there is a lag in people to go in but this year she and her husband weren't able to come so some how I was nominated to fill in her place.

So instead of hearing the mob mumble "Hey how 'bout Joanna" it was "Hey how 'bout Rachel!" but don't you worry Joanna will pay dearly for this!
6 comments:
That is so funny! I've never heard of such a tradition! But it sounds like fun!
I love it! You are a good sport.
You are a trooper! I'm pretty sure nothing could con me into getting thrown into "wild" pond water with green stuff and mud. Maybe that's why in my family they don't go to me for anything. :)
what a FUN family you have! ok rachel i had the worst dream about you the other night!! it freaked me out! We should get together soon since you're right down the street now:)
I love the pictures!! After hearing all the stories, it is great to see pictures to match! What a blast!!
I missed it. I hate missing it. Next year for sure. Stupid gas prices.
Post a Comment